The responsibilities of the DS Forum are varied and include:
- Providing opportunities for discussion of staff experience of being disabled and working at the University of Bristol.
- Developing appropriate analyses of staff experience and the literature to support the development of greater verifiable equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Providing advice and guidance as appropriate to the Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion steering group.
- Providing advice and guidance as appropriate to other staff within the university whose role relates to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion – e.g. HR, Estates.
- Providing advice on issues that affect Forum members.
- Creating resources for all university staff impacted by discrimination and other equality issues.
- Developing recommendations for further work.
- The group may request members of the University to speak at its meetings as seems appropriate and reasonable and may request feedback with regard to the recommendations it makes to the University.